Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Girls Night Out

(Me and My Girl by My Girl)

The movie was dreamy. The classic animation stirred something sentimental in me. The music made we want to sing along as if the songs were old, familiar favorites. The message was refreshing. I'm so glad that I resisted the urge to cancel my date with my girl.

Miss Bit was both sweet and silly. She held the popcorn with a death grip and every time I would try and get a handful, she would beat me to it. She pretty much munched her way through the movie. I came home hungry, on the other hand. When she polished off the popcorn in the bucket, she resorted to cleaning wayward kernals off her chair. That's my girl! She was reduced to tears only once in the movie, and I cried right along with her. That was my second time reaching for my Kleenex during the movie, but I didn't let her see me. I guess I know where she gets it.

I wish I would have gone to New Orleans when I had the chance.

No comments: