Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Limbo


I have a serious backlog of entries in my queue, but life hasn't taken a breath to allow me to catch mine this past week. Christmas celebrations started Thursday and won't culminate until after New Year's for this family. I'm not complaining, but I already can feel I'm going to turn into Oblomov once January sets in. I can catch up on all my blogging quite comfortably from my bed though. (I'll have to get up only for my daily P90X workout which I started today.)

I haven't left the house today and yet this is the first time I am sitting down. Lil Bit and her friend M. are shaking their booties in the family room. HSM2 is blaring and they are strutting around creating their very own unique blend of ballroom dance and calisthenics. I used to do the same thing to Grease when I was little. T. Bone is at Skateland rolling around the rink...another favorite pastime of mine in the "olden days," as my kids like to call my childhood.

I think Miss Bit and I are going to see The Princess and the Frog this evening while the boys take a road trip to pick up cousin T. I would actually be beyond content to cozy in for the night and watch one of her new flicks, but I've planted the seed and am not surprised that it's sown. Princess Bride or Princess Tiana? It's really not a fair competition. Last night we watched The Half Blood Prince. It was a little scary for Miss Bit, but the rest of us wanted to watch it so we took a chance. Luckily she didn't have night visions of death eaters. When I tucked her in and told her to think happy thoughts, she had no problem coming up with a long list. That's reassuring.

I always feel like I'm in limbo this week between Christmas and New Years...caught between the birth of Jesus and the birth of a new year, a new decade...wedged between the old and the new. Nostalgic for the past and also anxious for the future, yet trying to stay firmly rooted in the here and now.

No comments: