Monday, December 21, 2009

Hi...It's Mr. Claus, or Santa to You

Secrets Shared With Santa - December 2008

Laughs Shared With Mr. C. - December 2008
My kids just got off the phone with Santa himself. He actually called right before dinner tonight. He usually calls this time each year though so it was really no huge deal. T. Bone was all "Dude this...dude that." I heard only snippets of the conversation as he took the phone to "his office" in the basement (coincidentally, it's where the new TV and PS2 are!) I did overhear him confirm that he wants a new DS and Madden 10 for the PS2 nonetheless.

When it was Miss Bit's turn, she let him know straight away that she wants a Barbie Townhouse PLEASE. There was little to no time for small talk. When Santa tried to pry from her useless information, she quickly declared her love for him and said..."goodbye." Her friend A. was over and they were in the middle of a long, make believe school day you know. When she hung up, A.'s eyes looked like she'd just seen Santa in the flesh (perhaps kissing her Mommy). She was speechless that Santa was on the phone and out of words for the fact that Miss Bit was so quick to hang up with him. She sighed, "I can't believe that you guys know Santa."

I must say that I was relieved that her Mom called later in the night only to thank me for the plate of Christmas cookies I sent home with A. I was a little afraid she was going to give me the business about our direct hot line to the North Pole, but apparently...A. was unphased. I guess she hangs out in this house enough to know that things are...that we are... a little out of the ordinary here. In fact they...we are...extraordinary.

No comments: