Saturday, December 19, 2009

Don't Let Them Fool You...they sure don't fool me!

We come home in the afternoon and they are snuggled up sweetly spooning just the way we left them in the morning, but they don't fool me.


While it appears they have spent all hours of the boring day sleepin' and a chillin'...
Just waiting for us to walk through the door...

They cannot hide the evidence, or blame their surprise manger attacks on their army of toy mice. For I have seen them unswaddle Baby Jesus and toss him around as if he weren't the holy infant that we know he is. I bore witness to them batting and pawing him, so I know that the furry rodents were planted to throw us off the trail.

And then when they're done terrorizing the holy family and kidnapping Baby Jesus, they turn on the computer, order up some entertainment and proclaim that their's is THE life.

So I'm no fool. I know that when the people are away, the cats will (and do) play. And I'm also smart enough to know, that if I ever come back...I'm signing up to be a cat.

No comments: