Friday, December 18, 2009

In Her Words...


They Call Me Aunt Jess -

I am honored (and slightly intimidated) to be featured as K’s first guest blogger. I hope you enjoy my posting as much as I enjoy K’s. Although we talk daily and I think I know our resident blogger better than I know myself, reading her blog always offers a different perspective. Thank you K for sharing your gift of writing.

Wednesday evening I was charged with watching T & L for a mere two hours while K & M attended a funeral. On their way out the door, I told them to have a good time. This inappropriate comment should have made them question my ability to watch their most prized possessions.

After completing a quick game of Guess Who (HINT: She always picks the girls.), L and I proceeded to the family room for a game of Ponies. I didn’t have to exert one ounce of imagination because she provided every line of my dialogue.

I was given the daunting task of preparing a gourmet meal for my favorite children.....OK, that is not exactly the truth. We were going to feast on spaghetti and garlic bread; a meal even I should have been able to execute (NOTE: K made homemade spaghetti sauce). Unfortunately, the gas range presented an obstacle and prevented me from boiling water. Do not worry. The children did not go hungry. I repeat, they did not go hungry. T informed me that I could serve frozen pizzas (Emphasis on the plural. Yes, these two young children insisted I make not one, but two pizzas!). His justification? They don’t pay me. I am free!! ( TIP: Little or No Investment= Low Expectations!)

Other exciting events of the evening included having to unclog the toilet (Oddly, they were both wildly excited to get the plunger and try their turn at using it.). I also witnessed six rounds of Wrestlemania. T, a natureal athlete and great competitor, has a huge heart and knows how to compromise to make sure his little sister has her fair share of fun. After many laughs and a few tears, the focus switched to song and dance, as we all enjoyed some Christmas music.

Although I am not perfect, they love me for who I am. Who could ask for anything more?


Thanks to my first ever guest blogger, forever frister and honorary aunt to T. Bone and Miss Bit!

No comments: