Monday, December 7, 2009

Fast Friends With Fast Freddy

Before I tucked Miss Bit in last night, we said good night to Fast Freddy. Although we had moved the pink tree to her room earlier in the day, our new friend Fred hadn't so much as budged from its tippy top and she seemed rather relieved by that. The thought of him coming to life in the middle of the night and in the middle of her room was just a little out of her comfort zone.

T. Bone asked me if I really thought the elf would be roaming around and as far as the north pole once we turned in. I said I didn't really think so...thinking he needed a healthy dose of pragmatism and a sheer moment of suspended belief. I don't want to push it. Frankly, I cannot believe that he still believes. To that he quipped, "Yeah, I kinda don't think so either," and I detected a hint of sadness as I kissed him good night.

When Miss Bit woke up and took inventory of her room, she noticed that a picture frame on her dresser was overturned (Even I cannot explain that one. I was sure it was hubby, but he swears not.) T. Bone was quick to join our investigation and we quickly agreed that Fast Freddy was the culprit as he hurried about his business last night. This morning the kids raced to get dressed and ready and downstairs. (I'm in search of a ploy to have elves watching us year round because I am that fond of punctuality.) Miss Bit prevailed and she was fast to find Fast Freddy.

Miss O. arrived and the kids were up in arms when I came downstairs because she handled Freddy. The book clearly says that we are not to paw and pet our little elf. She kind of smirked as if to say...'ok, I can play this game, but really?' Oh yeah...really. Fast Freddy is very real as far as T Bone and Miss Bit are concerned, and I'm not sure if it's more fun for them or me and hubby. Who isn't game for a little mischievous magic?

No comments: