Sunday, December 20, 2009

Free Choice


I don't have time for a proper entry - I'm up to my eye balls is sprinkles in every size, shape and color imaginable, but I have to share a laugh I got at the expense of Lil Bit a little bit ago. We were busy turning plain old sugar cookie cut outs into mouthwatering masterpieces. While T. Bone, Miss Bit and I transformed the naked Santas, angels, reindeer and tannenbaums into decorated delicacies for Mr. Claus, we were enjoying my Christmas playlist (of course). We were exalting "R-E-J-O-I-C-E, R-E-J-O-I-C-E" during my personal favorite...
when a lightbulb came on in Miss Bit's head. She sang, "F-r-e-e c-h-o-i-c-e, f-r-e-e c-h-o-i-c-e!?" Then she said, "That's wierd! I don't get it. Why are they singing free choice in a song about Jesus? He doesn't have center time! He's not in kindergarten!"

Absolutely priceless and every bit as sweet as the cookies we will be leaving for Santa Christmas Eve.

No comments: