Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Let it Snow

Let it Snow
It was snowing when I went to bed last night, and it's still snowing this morning. There has been little accumulation, but T. Bone, Lil Bit and Miss O. are all beyond convinced that they will wake up tomorrow only be told to go back to bed: SNOW DAY! I remember when I was school age and the winter weather would throw my Mom a curve ball. She would get up extra early and listen painstakingly to the never ending list of school closings as reported on the radio. As a single, working Mom, unexpected days off of school were a challenge no doubt. Now we receive a mass generated computer call in addition to an email blast and often we get notification the night before. How things have changed!

I had a dream about my Mom this morning. In many ways it was the same old same old...she was on her death bed and I was helpless. This time though I saw her healthy and happy and vibrant again as she transitioned, and I felt...I feel...light like the snow falling from the sky today.

Now since I've got lots of places to go...I better go before we get even more snow.

No comments: