Thursday, August 30, 2012

13 Reasons I'm Glad Summer's Almost Over

1) They're running out of things to do.  Miss Bit recently stood yelling at the top of her lungs to me at one end of the house from her spot in the yard, "Moooommmm!  MoooMMMMM!  Can I give the cats a bath?"

2) The yard looks like we run a day camp.

3) I won't have to wash an endless stream of cups and glasses every day.

4) I won't have to pay someone to nap and text instead of engage my kids.
 
5) It is time for ice cream to cease and desist as a food group.

6) I will have more time for walks, reading and cooking.

7) The maid, short order cook and chauffeur uniforms will be hung up and I can just be Mom again albeit a Mom who cleans, cooks and drives kids around.

8) Play dates will last a couple rather than 24+ hours.

9) I will have time and the t.v. to myself at the end of the day.

10) The regular line-up returns and we can stop wasting our time on junk t.v. like Big Brother and Honey Boo Boo, which is banned at Casa Wags after 2 viewings.

11)  I got my first couple (and hopefully last couple) mosquito bites last night.

12)  We have a beach vacation to look forward to.

13)  Fall, and specifically October, is my favorite time of the year!!




No comments: