Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Decline of Day

Apparently, my enthusiasm for ending the day on the beach from the night before was infectious. Some little sponge fish is listening to me when I wax poetic on how lucky we are to live so near the lake.  Landlocked I could never be, and stepping on her shores, wading in the waves is even more satisfying than reveling from afar.  After the boys shirted (and padded) up for practice early evening, Miss Bit suggested that we girls gear up for the beach.  How could I possibly resist?  Never mind that my girl all but read my mind.  We didn't need much:  towels, a camera and my book.  I  read a single page because what was evolving on the  surface straight before me was more entertaining than any other story.  At the half-light of the late summer day, we were two of just a few enjoying the surf and the shore.  It was a meeting of moments best expressed by the images captured and preserved.  Below I present decline of day....     
























No comments: