Friday, August 31, 2012

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Miss Bit's banner week of play dates.  She spent time with many different friends and had much fun.

Miss Bit's very own kind idea to go over and introduce herself to the new neighbor girl.  She's a little older (5th grade), but my Bit couldn't stop talking about how nice she was.  And she was.  She even put out her hand for me to shake when I introduced myself.

A teacher meet and greet.  She's no Miss Z., but she'll do.  Miss Bit is easy.  She's any teachers dream.

Fresh veggies from my Aunt and Uncle's garden. and the garden to fridge delivery.

A phone call from my cousin today.  It was so good to hear her voice.  She had the time of a lifetime in Denali National Park, and can now cross another item off her bucket list.  I added it to mine.

Ask and you shall receive:  tickets to this weekend's Badger game tomorrow.  The boys will go cheer on Bucky.  Go Red!

Watching the RNC last night.  It was riveting TV.  So good that we couldn't pull T. Bone away to shower.  About Marco Rubio he said, "Wow!  He's going higher...he's going places." 

Taste testers. Little girlies who lick up every last bit of batter, and then beg for a cookie hot out of the oven.



It was a busy last week of summer vacay, but there was still time to chill.  Shhh...but I have off for the next 5 days.  It's my consolation for surviving the summer!


Personal pan pizzas big enough to share a half slice with Mom.


Tonight we will be graced by a blue moon.  It's once in a blue moon that we have 2 full moons in 1 month, hence the saying.  These pictures are of the almost full moon earlier this week.



Lake Michigan.  We enjoyed our great lake 2 nights this week and Miss Bit was a beach bum again today.
 

She got a brand new bicycle...



And I got a brand new pair of rollerskates....



Guess who this boo boo belongs too?  I'm grateful...me (no knee pads) instead of my girl.  She, of course, kept wishing it were her.


T. Bone's locker is now filled with his school supplies ($150 worth) instead of his sister ($priceless).  And yes she did scream, cry and bang on the door when he shut it and locked her in.  And yes there was a meeting of teachers going on in the room right across the hall.  I'm grateful he remembered the combo!!


Really nice chats with 2 of my Aunts this week and my Dad today.

Jess is on her way over.  It's cocktail hour somewhere my Gramps used to say.  Somewhere happens to be Casa Wags tonight.

No comments: