Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Day Of One's Own


As far as birthdays go...yesterday was quite fine.  I needed and very much enjoyed my pedicure.  I took Miss Bit's blue polish and left her sleeping soundly in a sea of pink.  My girly girl has had more nail treatments than I have in the last 12 weeks otherwise I may have felt compelled to wake her and take her.

Coach and I went for a walk in the middle of the afternoon sun.  I came home to open presents and was so happy to find a new pair of Birkenstocks (Miss Bit wore an old pair last night and they fit her), a bottle of lovely aged balsamic, a silpat mat and a few other thoughtful odds and ends.  The four of us made a pit stop at the lanes for a  little bowling before dinner.  It was F-U-N!  We headed to a local brew pub for a tasty meal all the tastier because I didn't have to cook it or clean up after it.  The ahi tuna sandwich was good, but T. Bone's burger was better.  Still I had no room for dessert.  The kids did, of course.

We ended the day snuggled up in bed together listening to the crickets and basking in the cool night's breeze.   In the moments before I drifted off to la la land I did have the satisfied feeling of total contentment and unadulterated happiness.

I always feel that if the birthday is good and full then the year will be too.  Here's hoping.  Here's wishing.

No comments: