Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Life In My Years

Today I am another year older.  Usually I wax poetic on milestone occasions like the the passing of a year, but the last week and a half has truly taken its toll on me.  Sleep deprived and scratchy I've felt very little like myself.  I've been entirely focused on externals and getting through the day, not internals and making the most of them.  I'll spare you, but of course, there's a fine, worthy lesson in that as well.

That being said, I've already received the only gifts I really wanted this day: 8 hours of drug-free, uninterrupted sleep and almost clear skin.  I mean it when I say that I feel like a new person.  I look like one too.

My whole family is asleep upstairs.  After my morning pedicure, we'll do something together.  What doesn't much matter.  It never does.

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count.  It's the life in your years.

- Abraham Lincoln





No comments: