Wednesday, September 1, 2010

*Sigh*




How can it be? Just like that and I have a fourth grader and a first grader. They both woke easily and were eager to begin the new day...the new year. I wanted to stay in bed, and I cannot bring myself to erase the '1' and replace it with a '0' on our countdown to back to school. I think I'm in denial with a big, fat capital D! Here's the thing. I welcome the return to routine. I thrive on it really, but this morning I cannot get over how quickly the summer went. Soon it'll be fall, and then will begin the countdown to Christmas, and before we know it T. Bone will enter the ranks of the double digits. Next year T. Bone will be a middle schooler and before long a high schooler and I'm just getting deliriously dizzy thinking about how quickly they grow up. And I'm struck how our littles yearn to get big so anxious to cross off milestones. There are days that I'd give anything for a do over...to be 9 and 6 again. And the dilemma is that I love watching them grow as individuals, but I just wish I could blink without missing something.

No comments: