Monday, September 27, 2010

Date Night

Tonight was date night. The boys went out for a little Monday night football and some hot wings. T. Bone spent all day dreaming about and drooling over saucy chicken drummies like they are his favorite food ever. It just makes me laugh cuz' I'm quite certain he's never even had one. The best laugh I had today though came after I asked him if his Uncle was joining them and he chortled, "Is the Pope Catholic?"

Miss Bit and I were going to go to the movies, but we ended up getting a dvd from the library instead, which tickled me because I'm in serious shut in-mode. We ate our takeout and watched Hannah Montana The Movie. It was entertaining especially cuz' my girl loved it so. She even got up during Hoe Down Show Down to line dance across the family room. I'm sure she'll watch it a few more times before it's due back so it was well worth the $1 rental fee.


Tomorrow is a late start day so that means they'll probably be up early. Not me. I'm staying in bed as long as I can get away with. I'm not anxious to face the day or the reality that it's been two years since I last held my Mom's hand and told her I loved her before she took her last breath. It's strange because in some ways it seems like yesterday and in others it seems like ancient history, and I don't know which is more painful...the passage of time and the way life carries on, or how those last 24 hours are indelibly etched in my mind for me to revisit time after time.

No comments: