Monday, September 20, 2010

Waiting

I'm waiting. Waiting to feel better. I spent much of the past few days lounging around like these two and with them too. They don't need any exuse to curl up in bed all day. Perhaps, they're onto something. I rallied Saturday afternoon for a little celebration in honor of my Dad's birthday. I showered and dressed and had a fine time despite the fact that I couldn't taste much of the Mexican meal he prepared for his own party...that's how much he likes to cook. I could taste the margaritas...I'm just sayin'. The boys watched the Badger game and played a little football during half time. Miss Bit road her bike and helped her Grandpa in the kitchen. Apparently, smart girls cook as well as rule. We all played Pictionary. It was fun.




I'm waiting for tomorrow. It's my Mom's birthday. She would be 62. I really have no words for how sad I feel that she's not here.
I'm waiting for Dancing With The Stars tonight. It's especially fun to watch with Miss Bit who has commentary on all of the costumes, hair, make-up, and music.
I'm waiting for the summery forecast that's going to usher in fall. A few more days of flip flops and fresh air sounds energizing to me.
I'm waiting to find my words again.

No comments: