Tuesday, September 21, 2010

After Midnight


Happy Birthday Mom.

I just finished watching Naomi and Wynona Judd on an episode of Oprah I tivoed last week. Of course, I ended up in torrential tears. My cats were not even sure what to make of me. This mother and daughter have had a tumultuos, turbulent relationship over the years. Wynona got me when she talked about really wanting to know her mother as a human being, but I was just grateful that I did know and very much like the person my Mom was in addition to loving her so. I only had 39 years with my Mom, but they were rich and filled with too many gifts to count. When I show up for a personal pity party, it doesn't take long for me to remember that I am blessed beyond measure to have had her in my life at all.

I'm lucky to love you Mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today I celebrate two very special women in my life. The one who was born 62 years ago today. The one like no other. The one who left us way too soon. The one who I carry in my heart and think of often.
In celebrating her, I cannot go without celebrating the wonderful woman she created. The one who is my best friend. The one who is her mother in every way. The one who is everything wonderful.
To the greatest women in my life. I love you both. -J

Anonymous said...

Thanks...I needed that. I wish you could take a long walk with me today. Oh and by the way, you are very special to me too and you were a second daughter to my Mom. She loved you...I love you. I'm so grateful to know that I can count on you to laugh and to cry with! K