Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Did It!


I'm in a better place. A much better, brighter place than I was earlier today. I spent the better part of six miles pounding the pavement and making peace with all of this change...the love and understanding will come.

Pick up went at least a thousand (that's 1000) times better than drop off. Whew! Both my kiddos still had sweet smiles on their faces and lots of stories to tell about their awesomely great days. He connected with old friends and she made new ones. They both like their teachers. His only complaint was that his teacher laughs at her own jokes that aren't really too funny. Hers was that she only got 10 minutes for lunch. I think they'll survive and even flourish despite these obstacles.

Right now she's sipping on a milkshake this mama made her best girl to tide her over until we go out for our celebratory pizza dinner. He's running around with his old buds in the neighborhood like any other day. They're trying to trap a ground hog in the name of science. Their homework is done and checked. There are zero worries.

I managed to erase the one and chalk in a frowny faced zero on our countdown calendar. It's time. I'm really trying to embrace it.

No comments: