Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pillow Talk

After I tucked her in last night, Miss Bit came looking for me with a quivering lip clutching her Alice. I got her back in the coziness of her bed and I stayed with her to have this sad and sweet conversation.

Miss Bit: I just really miss Nanny right now.

Mama: I know how you feel Baby...I miss Nanny all the time.

Miss Bit: I just wish I could talk to her again.

Mama: You can talk to her any time and she can hear you. She's always with you...you know where?

Miss Bit adoringly: My heart.

Mama: I talk to her all the time and sometimes she talks back.

Miss Bit excitedly: How?!

Mama: Well, she'll send me a little sign to remind me she's always with me and she's always listening. Sometimes I'll be thinking of her and all of the sudden the wind will blow through the chimes that were hers on a calm day. It was like the music the chimes made was her voice saying "I'm here."

Miss Bit: But how come when you go to heaven you have to stay there forever? Forever is a really long time. It's like forever and E-V-E-R!

Mama: I don't think you ever want to leave heaven. Don't you think it's a pretty spectacular place?

Miss Bit dreamily: Ohhhh yeaaaah. God's there and it's special. I'm gonna say my prayers now.

Mama: Good idea...and why don't you say a special prayer for Nanny.

Miss Bit: MOM - I always do!

This interaction with my best girl broke my heart into pieces and warmed it at the very same time.

No comments: