Thursday, September 30, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

I accidentally deleted only 4 posts when I was applying labels over the weekend.

Miss Bit getting all dressed up for open house last night. I seriously had to iron her dress for the occasion and could not convince her that perhaps the party shoes and lipstick were just a little over the top. She woke up excited to show us her school and the anticipation had all day to build.

T. Bone has been one very busy 4th grader. There were so many awesome projects/artifacts displayed around his room. My favorite, hands down, were his haikus. He must be...has to be...making time with my Mary Oliver books.

Numerous people shared with us that he has the best teacher in the school. We were due.

Open house was welcoming and we stayed much longer than I thought we would. I'd seen so many familiar faces and old friends throughout the night that on the way out my hubby said, "You know lots of people here." He's right.

Date night at the bowling alley.

Leisurely late start days.

The beautiful day that Tuesday was. Jess and I took a long hike during the sunny afternoon. I saw 1, and only 1, monarch butterfly. After our trek, we went out for a little happy hour. Although I was really missing my Mom, I was mostly happy that day.

Homemade buffalo chicken pizza.

Scoring brand new brown leather riding boots at the resale shop. Just the day before, I almost ordered a pair on line.

T. Bone's new line: "I may have been born at night, but I wasn't born last night!" (btw, he was born at the crack 'you know what' of dawn.)

Miss Bit practicing her reading this week while her brother practiced his guitar.




After dinner entertainment courtesy of this proud and pretty puppeteer.


At least T. Bone hung up his shirt.


Fall and today is the first day of my favorite month of the year.
This week is over. It's been a difficult, draining, depressing 10 days. I'm ready for October.

No comments: