Friday, September 10, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Yards full of neighborhood kids. They may go to different schools now, but they all convene in our yard after school just like old times.
These stunning orchids and my always thoughtful frister Jess who brought them over this week to cheer me up.


Fall break (yes, already) and 3 trips to the Audubon this week. It was a beautiful day to return to the preserve for a family hike. It was nice that Aunt A. joined the kids and I for the trail tour. There was considerable foot traffic so we didn't see as much wildlife. Miss Bit fell off the pier and into a marsh. She wasn't happy, but only a tad bit wet and muddy. Aunt A. saved her, T. Bone rescued her favorite headband and I refrained from taking any pictures despite the fact that I really wanted to. Noodles for lunch made it all better and she almost forgot about it completely after a trip to our favorite toy store where she stocked up on smelly stickers.


Nuestros gatos anaranjados. T. Bone and Miss Bit are learning a foreign language. The kids have Spanish twice a week at their new school. T. Bone is a little behind since his classmates already have 3 years of the language under their belts. We're trying to practice at home to bring him up to speed.
Pizza night last weekend. We made our own using our favorite sauce and ingredients and a new crust recipe that just may be a keeper.



T. Bone spent the weekend at Camp Grandpa where they went out for pizza, golfed, biked, watched football, played poker, shot slingshots, watched movies, ate Grandpa's Famous Breakfasts 3 mornings in a row and just had fun. So much fun that T. Bone was choking back tears as we made our way up the driveway Monday. When I asked him what was wrong he said, "I just had so much fun." I shared with him that we used to go to my Grandma's every weekend for Sunday dinner, and I always cried when it was time to come home. Those are good kinda tears!
A shorter than usual workweek. My Monday was also my Friday.
Bread baking weather. This week I made 2 different kinds of banana bread and a batch of zucchini bread too.
Grandpa gifted T. Bone a new set of "old" clubs. He is over the moon about his "Big Barbara," aka Big Bertha. He's also obssessed with LamBROghinis!
A date at an art fair with the girls this weekend.
Charades for dessert after dinner at my brother and sil's last weekend. Just for the record...I NEVER watched Doogie Houser EVER!
T. Bone started his guitar lessons this week. Kumbaya!
My in laws joined us for an impromptu dinner this week after kidsitting. They liked my cherry mojitos, hubby's ribs and my coconut macaroons.
Authenticity and genuine interaction.
No desire to keep up with the Joneses.

No comments: