Thursday, January 14, 2010

Anoche

It was a struggle to get the kids to bed tonight. It was "Just one more commercial" numerous times as they negotiated their way through the better part of last night's Tivoed American Idol episode. Or I should say, Miss Bit cried her way through it right along with every rejected wannabe contestant. She curled up into me with a tear in her eye and whispered, "I care for old people." Yes, and young people and happy people and sad people...my Miss Bit she cares for all people. All that empathy is exhausting so she's already drifted off.

T. Bone was anxious to get into Old Yeller. It was waiting for him on the library shelf the other day. He told me he's going to read the whole book all by himself...every single word. Just like Where the Red Fern Grows, which he read because he found out that it's Drew Brees' all time favorite read. It's nice to know that he does actually read his monthly issue of Sports Illustrated Kids.

My hubby made popcorn while I was upstairs and now we're going to watch a movie. We'll see how long I last. Last night I fell asleep at 9:55...just in time to miss the end of Law & Order.

No comments: