Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Random Ramblings


I am ecstatic to report that I am ready pretty much from finger to toe for our trip out West that is fast approaching. I had two arduous days of shopping this week, and now I am happy. Happy that it's behind me and happy that I was so successful. Today I even picked up a few things for Miss Bit for our spring trip to Bermuda. I was called to pick her up early from school because she was under the weather, but she sure perked up when she saw the loot. She said, "Mom, you didn't have to do this!" The madras hat above was an irresistable find! Shhh...I think T. Bone wants one too. He looked just as cute in Miss Bit's, but he refrained from being photographed. I can see some great Bermuda beach shots in our future. The new pink tennies were also a hit not only because they are sparkly, but also because they don't have laces.
I resisted the maternal urge to buy T. Bone another batch of brand new socks. That's because we just stocked him up and all except 2 1/2 pairs have mysteriously disappeared. I found out about this as he was getting ready for school this morning. He confessed that he should change the socks he'd been wearing for 5, that's FIVE, days! I should have figured as much when he asked me to do laundry lastnight because he needed socks, but as I loaded the washer, I didn't come across a single one of T. Bone's socks. Hmmm?
Hubby just called from jury duty to tell me that he's been put on a case. I was strongly encouraging him to pretend to be an undesirable juror. They are lucky that he is an upstanding citizen unlike myself, and I'm sure he'll be a fair and open minded judge.

No comments: