Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hi. My Name is Evie and I'm a Disney Soundtrack Addict

Wow that felt good. I don't know how many times I can listen to little Ray sing to his beloved Evangeline before I get sick of it? So far I cannot keep myself from hitting replay over and over. Last night I took Miss Bit's cd player from her room and brought it into my bathroom so I could shower and sing. My hubby may kill me, but this morning I heard him rockin' out to the soundtrack during his shower. That is until Miss Bit went in and turned the cd off because she doesn't want it to wear out! Now that being said...I am looking forward to listening to the India Arie and Mary J. Blige cds my hubby burned for me yesterday as a Saturday surprise. He found them on my Amazon wish list.

It's been a great weekend so far and today is promising too. I already have dinner (pot roast) in the crockpot and I'm ready to make a pot of turkey noodle soup for tomorrow. The sun's out, but it's cold outside so comfort food is on the menu.

No P90X today. Sunday is a day of rest, and I'll take it. I'm officially through my first week and I am going to stick it out. Only 83 more days to go. I can feel myself getting stronger and more flexible by the day. I have to confess that I cannot do one single pull up. Never could. Probably never will. I love, L-O-V-E, the Kenpo workout that I did yesterday. Next week I'm putting boxing gloves on so I really feel like I'm sparring. It's a lot more fun than I remember kick boxing being at the gym.

We had a great time at the W.'s last night. I just hope we didn't over stay our welcome. Miss O. was asking to go to bed and Miss Bit almost fell asleep during the mile drive home. It was 11:00 and she had been at her friend G.'s for the better part of the day. Miss O. loved her Cooking Mama game, and T. Bone wants to go to Best Buy to use the gift card they gave him to buy himself one. A Cooking Mama game that is. Can it be that they actually agree on something!?!? S. and I talked our way through a bottle of Bordeaux and a bottle of Malbec. I made these gooey marshmallow brownies that we all agreed didn't look like much, but they sure were good. I may have to make another pan today because they are gone.  I'll try to remember to post the recipe.

When we got home last night, we discovered that the kitchen floor was covered in Dorito crumbs. I guess that's what happens when you leave a bowl of chips on the table. It made me laugh remembering my Dad's cat, Brigit, who was a fiend for taco chips. She'd come running whenever she heard the crinkle of a plastic bag and go body in head first. We were able to figure out which cat was the cuprit because Peanut had a bad case of the toots! The boys were laying next to each other on the couch last night, and every once in awhile Tigger would lift his head and look at his brother as if to say, "Dude you reak!"

The kids are due home from Sunday school soon. Miss Bit will then be whisked off to a birthday party and T. Bone has his first basketball game of the season this afternoon. Both my boys aren't pleased that hoops is during today's Packer game. Good thing we have Tivo. My brother and sil are in Napa so they'll be no family Sunday night dinner. I have a feeling that next weekend they'll be bringing the wine though.

I think it's going to be a good, good week.

No comments: