Monday, January 11, 2010

On My Mind Monday

Anything dead coming back to life hurts.
Tony Morrison


I can attest to this firsthand. I feel like I've been thawing out...coming back to life, and it stings, it stabs, it burns, it aches. But there's no other choice...no better option. I don't want to watch my life from the sidelines. It strikes me what a fine line there is between joy and sorrow. How subtle are the nuances between happiness and sadness, or grief and glory. And here's the thing...one cannot fully appreciate the happiest moments of joy without having survived the saddest sorrows.

There's no statute of limitations on your sadness.
Pat Conroy

In grief, though, time is not linear. Today I can feel the richness of life and tomorrow I can feel robbed. Today's empowerment may be tomorrow's victimization. I celebrate a small baby step forward one day and the next I'm mourning several giant-sized steps backward. Today's laughs are tomorrow's tears. And that's why...

Sometimes I pray to remember,
Other times I pray to forget.
Barbara Kingsolver

But at the end of the day I am thankful that I had what I did to lose.

It always hurts more to have and lose than to not have in the first place.
Khaled Hosseini

No comments: