Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is It Tuesday Already?



I predicted I'd morph into Goncharov's Oblomov once January took hold, and apparently my crystal ball is well tuned and working. I have had a great deal of down time these past few days, and while I haven't spent my time hunkered down in bed, I have been pretty much holed up in my house and horrendously happy about it - I might add.

As much as I love to write and find it therapeutic, sometimes it is necessary and healthy to take a step back, absorb and marinate in the many moments rather than regurgitating them. I am also faced with some rather weighty decisions that require soul searching and quiet reflection at this time, and I'm not talking about picking out fabric for curtains (although that is making me panic too). I know I'll share here and document when I mull it all over and make up my mind. The thing is...I don't believe in retractions. If you felt strongly enough about something to put it down in black and white and then hit publish, you must own it at least in that time and space. I'm not into apologizing for my feelings or decisions as long as I know why I'm having them...why I'm making them. Whims on a knee jerk are random and rogue.

The house is quiet for the first time in 3 days. Let me tell you...I am soaking in the silence. Although it was good noise for which I am grateful that filled my house: conversations with friends, the laughs of my children, the singing into the wee hours with my brother and sil-to-be. The only thing missing were the wooden spoons! Even the barks and howls of my Aunt's dog were ok with me when she stopped by almost unannounced yesterday. It's not the dog's fault.

So I am slightly lamenting the fact that I cannot stay alone here today reading and writing until my heart's content. I know I have to hurry up and find something to wear to my cousin's wedding in a few weeks. Nothing is more of a drag than the dire need to go shop. I tried the online route with little success. Oh, I ordered $665 worth of options, and I'll be returning $550! I'm positively dreading the look on the associate's face when I walk in with my box of returns. I know that once I find my get up, I'm going to start getting really excited. Excited for a weekend away in the Rocky mountains with my hubby. It's been such a long time since we have traveled just the two of us. The prospect of this trip is making me realize how much I have missed it.

No comments: