Friday, January 8, 2010

Grateful Friday




Today I give thanks…

For a week of normalcy and routine. It feels good to be back to “business.”

That I am about to complete my first complete week of P90X. During my yoga workout yesterday, I used muscles I didn’t know I have in poses I didn’t know were possible. I am not a huge fan of yoga probably because flexibility isn’t one of my strengths, but I am eager to work at it. There is only room for improvement.

More energy. This intense workout regimen is actually taxing, but invigorating.

That my hubby is still on break from school. His LAST graduate class starts at the end of the month, and I am excited for all of us for this accomplishment to be achieved and behind us…but mostly I’m excited for him.

Last night Miss Bit read several sentences and many words during story time. The nightly selection was The Cat in the Hat, which is heavy in word families and repetition, but it’s a book we’ve never read together so it was quite a step.

For my hubby’s new snow blower. We were dumped on in the last 24 hours. It snowed throughout the night. If he had to shovel us out this morning, it more than likely wouldn’t have happened, but he got up early just to use his new toy!

The winter wonderland that is our yard. I do love snow!

That although the tree is still up, the rest of the Christmas decorations are put away until next year and I’ve been going through closets and shelves and drawers decluttering and simplifying.

That we are the proud owners of The Princess and the Frog cd, and I may be more excited than Miss Bit. I picked up one to send to my frister too because I knew it would put a smile on her face.

For random acts of kindness.

For the Barbie Dream House. I never thought I would ever say such a thing, but Miss Bit is so smitten with it that I’m starting to love it too. I do not; however, like or understand why none of Barbie’s clothes even fit properly. And when did they become so scandalous!? It’s a good thing I still have many of the nice girl, conservative, albeit outdated numbers that my Barbie’s wore 30 years ago.

T. Bone had such a blast with his cousin T. for the few days he spent with us last week. They enjoy all of the same things including one another. I was laughing with my bil last weekend when we saw them sitting side by side on the couch literally touching despite the fact that there was plenty of room for them to spread out.

Dinner with friends tomorrow night and all I have to bring is dessert and Miss O.’s birthday gift, which I think she will really love.

I didn’t do laundry this week, and nobody complained!

My hubby for washing the kitchen floor the other night.

The perfect New Year’s Day. Hubby made delicious omelets with the leftover fondue fixings for breakfast, the whole gang played Apples to Apples and then headed off to Grandma and Grandpa’s for a sleepover. Jess and I stayed behind in our pjs, ordered up The Hangover on pay per view and finished the bottle of champagne we opened the night before. Cheers!

Dutch cocoa…it makes a decadent chocolate fondue.

Zora Neale Hurston and her sentiment: There are years that ask questions and years that answer. I decorated my mortar board with this powerful, yet simple quote. I’m not sure what kind of year 2010 will be yet. It has potential to be a year of realization and a year of inquiry.

No comments: