Saturday, January 26, 2013

This Week's Menu


I was the happy recipient of three new cookbooks this Christmas.  One was a gift from my SIL.  One was a gift from my BIL.  And one was a gift From me: To me.  So when I was planning this week's menu, I challenged myself to try and include a recipe from each of my three new Bibles books.  Here's what is on the menu this week at Casa Wags.

Bourbon-Marinated Grilled Pork Tenderloin thanks to Dinner a love story and one more pork tenderloin in our freezer.  That will be served with homemade applesauce and roasted cabbage (purple and green).

Deb Perelman's Tomato-Glazed Meatloaves (meatballs) with Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes and cooked carrots.

I'm also making a pot of Lentil Soup With Sausage, Chard and Garlic that is from the Smitten Kitchen blog... although not in her book.  That will be served with a slice of white pizza that exists only in my head at this moment. The kids will get a bowl of Campbell's tomato made with milk and topped with grated Parmesan.

Gwyneth's Chicken Milanese perhaps with tomato sauce and steamed broccoli for the kids, and definitely with endive and Gorgonzola for the parents.

Hungry?  Dinner is usually at 6:45.





No comments: