Sunday, January 13, 2013

On This Week's Menu

I am going to try posting my weekly menu on the blog to keep track of what I make and also to capture recipes.  I hope this helps me expand my repertoire. I don't want to jinx myself, but my kids are getting a little more adventurous so I feel it is time to seize the opportunity.  Yet still there are times that I just know they won't eat what I want to make or vice versa so I will tweak it a bit to keep the peace and harmony of dinnertime. I usually aim to plan family dinners Sunday through Wednesday and to shop only once over the weekend.  Thursday is leftover night and Friday is pizza night.  Saturday we are usually entertaining or being entertained.

Melt in your mouth pot roast (made in the pressure cooker)
buttermilk mashed potatoes
glazed honey carrots
____________________________________
rice and black beans (Vigo brand and delicious)
guacamole
_____________________________________
Pasta with tomato sauce and sauteed spinach for the kids
Chicken enchilada pasta (but I add more bell peppers and a jalapeno or two)
_____________________________________
Egg and cheese bagel sandwiches for the kids
Martha's spinach quiche which I adapt.  I use milk instead of 1/2 and 1/2 and whatever white cheese we have on hand and need to use up.
fresh fruit 

Yes, we do eat a lot of chicken.
It's true that most of these meals can be prepped well in advance limiting cooking time on busy week nights.
Indeed...we like leftovers because they make great lunches too.

No comments: