Monday, June 1, 2015

On My Mind Monday

Maybe we've spent too long trying to figure all this out with theory. Love is the one thing that transcends time and space.

~Interstellar

Sci-fi has never been my genre and I'm rather over Matthew McConaughey these days, but I think I liked this film more than I expected.  I'm on the fence over whether the message was sappy like a Hallmark card or more organic and far reaching.  I'm a little confused.  What with time manipulation and astrophysics it was a lot to process and assimilate.  And don't get me started on all the story contrivances and plot holes.  There were plenty of plot holes to go along with the worm hole and black holes.  I was just glad Coach was beside me talking me through all the science.  And I guess at the end of the day, any movie that makes me think and question whether sci-fi or sappy is worth it.