Friday, June 26, 2015

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Naps.  Never in my adult life have a been a napper, but there is something so refreshing about nodding off after a long day with a book in hand and a breeze on my face for 20 or 30 minutes.

Two days off every week.  A weekend in the middle of the week is a luxury.

Despite the snark of my rock star rant, I have found my summer groove.  My days off work/on kids this week had an easy ebb flow to them.  We were all happy: at times engaged and others free and unconsumed.

Ann Taylor linen tees.

Road trip planning.  Yellowstone here we come!  

John Mayer circa 2001.  

The new email call back ap.  Now if they can only create one for my mouth.

Recycling.  Finding beauty in broken things like shards of glass plates turned into works of garden art.


Dinner al fresco and fresh pesto pasta.


Lily landed her first job and tended to her charges with complete enthusiasm.  She is saving her earnings to buy her own computer.




Today Ted is working for my Dad.  They are resealing his driveway.  My Dad bought 20 five gallon containers of tar.  He can spend his hard earned pay on some new golf shirts since that's what he plans to do the rest of the summer.

Rainbow cats.



This post. It's sad and so true.

T. Bone and Miss Bit played baseball together in the yard for a long stretch the other day.  Of course, I had to force strongly suggest it, but once they got into it, they had a good time, and she even let him coach her a little.

A birthday dinner with Jess tonight and a gift I am most excited to give her.