Monday, June 22, 2015

On My Mind Monday

She liked being reminded of butterflies. She remembered being six or seven and crying over the fates of the butterflies in her yard after learning that they lived for only a few days. Her mother had comforted her and told her not to be sad for the butterflies, that just because their lives were short didn’t mean they were tragic.

~ Lisa Genova
Still Alice

I started this book Friday.  It came to me unexpectedly last week and then I chose it from my leaning Tower of Pisa pile because it was the least precarious to reach.  It grabbed me from the start.  I could have finished it in one sitting, but I didn't.  I put it down and walked away because I wanted to sit with it.  The loss of Alice's memory was so sudden and swift that it didn't seem right to give her so little of my time.  I have 10 pages left that I'll likely finish tonight, but Alice will be with me for a long time.