Friday, March 8, 2013

Grateful Friday

Another stike against fakebooking.  We are less connected than ever even as we check in and report multiple times a day.

“Friendship,” writes C.S. Lewis, “is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What? You too? I thought I was the only one.’” I'm grateful for unexpected kindred spirits.

I spent this past Tuesday night curled up with a book.  I read through Molly Ringwald's novel in short stories called When it Happens to You.  I enjoyed her voice.  Her telling was honest and insightful.  I'm only sorry that I didn't save it for summer as it would be an excellent beach read.  I took a break long enough to put a pan of Ina's chicken stew in the oven and also to read a chapter of A Little Princess with my Lil Bit.

Ina's chicken stew.  It is sort of sinful.

Books.  Words.  Ideas.  Inspiration.  It seems that I cannot read enough lately.  I've already read 9 books since the first of the year.  As I was driving to work the other morning, I knew for sure that if I were exiled to a remote island I would want only a supply of journals and moleskins, books and music.

Big Ben will be joining the rest of the family at Casa Wags soon.  Big Ben is a little anole lizard that has stolen Miss Bit's heart.  I just don't know how she'll contain her joy if we ever tell her she can get a puppy.

T. Bone's conference last night.  It seemed impossible that he could improve from last quarter, but he did.

spring cleaning.

Dreams.

When a delicious dinner doesn't involve lots of obscure ingredients or the use of every pan in my kitchen: Shrimp scampi.  Who would think that so few ingredients (shrimp, butter, EVOO, garlic, parsley, lemon zest and juice, crushed red pepper, white wine and Parmesan) could come together in such a big way?

Finding my muse.  I wrote 3 short stories this week.  Now I'll be rewriting and editing for 3 years.