Friday, March 22, 2013

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

The gift of a year.  I recently learned that I am a year younger than I've been telling myself and others since August.  This isn't the first time this has happened to me.  Age is mostly only a number to me.

I finally finished Stegner's Angle of Repose.  I started it in October so it was a slow dance with this partner.  His prose is just so captivating, but this time I found the story on the slim side much unlike the richness of Crossing to Safety

This passage...I find it hard to describe what it is like to look fully into the eyes that one has known that well- known better than one knows the look of one's own eyes, actually - and then be put away, deliberately forgotten.  That instantly reasserted intimacy, that resumption of what looks like friendly concern, is like nakedness, like exposure.

Lizard love.  Big Ben is making friends with each and every member of the family.  Dare I even say he's kinda cute?




Stir fry trio for dinner this week.  Yes, that's Green rice aka brown rice with kale again.


I finally said yes to lunch with friends today.

The kids are on spring break! 

My Easter menu is almost set.  I'm trying with all my might to keep it simple -I'm aiming to serve a fine few delicious dishes rather than a smorgasboard of every possibility.

Plans to dye eggs tomorrow with Miss Bit.  We are going to color some naturally with tumeric, blueberries, red cabbage and a few other things we can drum up.