Saturday, February 20, 2010

I Heart Saturdays

I love them...really I do and especially when they are lazy, snowy, go with the flow days. Today was lazy, at least for the girls. We got to lounge around in our pjs listening to music (Taylor Swift and Princess and the Frog) while we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast. The boys had to head out for a free throw contest at the high school. T. Bone took home second place for all 3rd graders in the area. He brought home more than a red ribbon though... his friend C. accompanied him as well and they hit the snow-covered ground (it's a snowy Saturday too) running as they usually do.

Miss Bit and I headed out to get some groceries to feed our hungry athletes. Aside from the fixins' for tacos, a box of Bendaroos (AS SEEN ON TV) found their way into our cart. I have to give credit where credit is due and share the fact that neither T. Bone or Miss Bit ask for much, and before you point it out, I'll beat you to it and admit that they don't have to because they have good and plenty. That doesn't always stop kids, though, as we all know. So when they do ask, I do listen. No, I don't always say yes, but I also don't immediately say no. Besides...I'm a sucker for fun craft project. I know I'll have as much fun with the waxy wands as the kids. At first, I told her she could spend the money Uncle B. and Aunt A. gave her for Valentine's Day to purchase them. Man she hemmed and hawed and suddenly she knew she didn't need them and wasn't even so sure she even wanted them. And then I caved because I kind of wanted them, and I really wanted her to have them. Come on you would too...No Glue, No Stains, No Mess.

Hubby was just as happy as the kids to have a hot and hearty lunch since he had just wrapped up his Kenpo workout. At the tail end of lunch, Miss Bit's friend M. called to invite her over. When C. heard I was talking to Mrs. S. making arrangements (a go with the flow day), he couldn't stop himself from telling us that M.'s older sister and fellow 3rd grader, also M., was going on a date with S. I don't get any goods from T. Bone so I give his friends the 3rd degree. Then I debriefed Mrs. S. when I dropped Lil Bit off cuz' come on it's the 3rd grade. I didn't even know boys existed at that age. Apparently there are no dates on the calendar and in true crush fashion, now that they know they have one, they are avoiding each other like the plague, communicating through friends on the playground and poised for a break up. Nine is the new thirteen! Heaven help me cuz' I am so not ready for this at ALL. I'm glad T. Bone's first love is baseball? Or basketball? Or snowboarding? Or football?

So with the kids occupied with friends of the same sex, hubby and I had time to watch the second half of the movie we started last night. Do. You. Have. Any. Idea. What. A. Luxury. It. Is. To. Watch. An. R-rated. Movie. In. The. Middle. Of. The. Day!?!? The cats were very confused to see us reclining in the daylight, but they cuddled in nonetheless. After it was over, I whipped up another cheesecake. That's how much I love baking people. I can't even taste it cuz' I gave up sweets for Lent and it only keeps for 2 weeks, but I have a couple ideas of just who may enjoy it.

As I'm waiting to take my cake out of the oven, I'm here blogging. The boys are at baseball try outs. On the way home, they're going to pick up a pizza and we'll retire for a family movie night. The 7:00 show is G-Force and the 9:00 show is Jules and Julia, and all's I have to say is that I heart Saturdays...really I do.

No comments: