Saturday, February 23, 2013

This Week's Menu



Last week we didn't stick to the meal plan.  Life happened and we adjusted so this week I'll be making the Linguine with Asparagus and Poached Egg, and the Denver Frittata that I didn't make last week.

Also on the menu:

Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers with Avacado Salad, or just tacos for the kids.

Whole Roasted Chicken with Cauliflower Gratin and Tossed Salad.

I've never made this gratin before, but it sounds delicious.  How could combining cauliflower, butter, Mascarpone and Parmesan cheese, cream, garlic and salt and pepper not be?  I'm pretty certain the kids will even approve of this one.

The Deconstructed Guacamole Salad is Ina's recipe, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.  Basically it's avacado, jalapeno, tomato, lime juice and garlic.  I usually make it in the summer, but I think it sounds good this week.