Monday, February 11, 2013

On My Mind Monday

I suppose in the end the whole of life becomes an act of letting go, but in the end what always hurts the most is not being able to take a moment to say goodbye.
**********************************************************

You want a story that won't surprise you. That will confirm what you already know. That won't make you see higher or further or differently.
**********************************************************

Life of Pi

I've never read the book, but last night I finally saw the movie.  It was Old Man and the Seaesque.  When I woke up at 1:30 this morning after dreaming that I was lost at sea, I couldn't get back to sleep.  I couldn't get back to sleep for like hours.  The first passage stayed with me and, of course, I found in the simple words a message for my current strife.  And thinking about that just made sleep all the more elusive.  Go figure.  

This parable did surprise me and make me think further.  I'm always grateful for that just not at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning.

I don't see this as an Academy winner, but I'm glad I saw it.  I may even still read the book at some point. 




No comments: