Thursday, December 23, 2010

Wrapping It Up




The past couple days have been spent wrapping it up. Almost all of the gifts are bought (although rumor has it that hubby has to run to the mall today), and most of them are under the tree. Me and the hubby papered and prettied something like 60 presents last night. The thing is that I'm not really sure they're even presentable as we used close to every last stitch of every random roll of holiday paper in the house. Let's just say that Martha will not be featuring the Casa Wags in any fancy layouts for her magazine for sure.

Today I am going to make her cauliflower gratin with goat cheese and prosciutto and I do think she would approve of that, and hopefully my relatives will too during Christmas dinner. The bakery is almost closed for the weekend. Today we will make one last batch of sugar cookies so the kids can make a royal mess of the kitchen with icing and sprinkles, and I have to make chocolate mousse for tomorrow's dessert at my brother and sil's and bake a birthday cake for my boy for Sunday. His request:simple...lemon cake and Mom's vanilla frosting topped with crushed Oreos. Apparently, his palette is not as sophisticated as his advancing age.

School's out, but the kids have to practice being angels and shephards at church this afternoon for tomorrow's pageant. We'll deliver some gifts. I'll set the table for Christmas morning brunch and then hopefully we'll cozy in for a family movie night before all of the festivities commence tomorrow.

No comments: