Monday, December 20, 2010

Grateful Weekend

I've been too busy living life the past few days to come here, but it just doesn't feel like a proper ending to my week without my Grateful Friday post so here it goes.

Today I give thanks for...

School concerts. We kicked off the weekend with the kid's winter concert. T. Bone played a little Ode to Joy solo on his guitar. I was really nervous, but he did great and if he was at all anxious, he didn't let it show. This was the view from our seats. Nice! At least we had seats though...it was standing room only.




Our budding performer. Miss Bit belted it out loud and proud. She and her fellow first graders sang a catchy cute Jingle Bells medley that consisted of various versions...country, rock and even rap. They also performed a song in American Sign, which was quite cool.

Teachers who make learning fun. The fourth graders have recently mastered their recorders so they played numerous selections. The music teacher, Mrs. B., asked them to play the last selection with their noses. I now know why she is every kid's favorite teacher!

Catching Miss Bit curling up with a book because she enjoys reading, and because she can. She's made so much progress that reading is now pleasurable.


Walks together with my man.
Unicorn families.


Finding my boys like this at the end of the day.

Fun with Freddy. He's playful and reverent.



Baking many more batches of cookies to package up and share with friends, neighbors, teachers, fellow parishioners and co-workers. Tomorrow night we are caroling at a local nursing home and Miss Bit asked if we can bring a tray of our cookies to share with the residents so I'll be busy in the kitchen again tomorrow. She loves to help me bake. Her #1 favorite job is licking...licking the beaters, the bowl, her fingers. Decorating is a close #2.


B-R-O-T-H-E-R-S



The way my girl loves to dress-up whether it's for the school concert, a party or for church and we've had numerous occasions over the past few days.



This wild rice salad that combined colorful veggies and a very tasty dressing made from 18 year old balsamic vinegar. Hubby and I threw it together Saturday for a party we attended that night. We also made a cauliflower gratin. They were both new recipes, which I know is taboo, but I know they were good because they were all gone before we even got plates.


My boys ready for a party. T. Bone is adamant about not wanting to dress up ever. Retired are the snowman sweaters and argyle sweater vests. When I pulled out a pair of khakis for him to wear for the school program, he threw a fit and declared that he'd rather go naked. I decided that jeans without holes would be OK. I noticed that all of the 1st grade boys were dressed nicely - some even in jackets and ties - and most of the fourth grade boys looked like they were dressed for just any other day.


We had a late night Saturday visiting with friends old and new, but we still managed to make it to church, Sunday school and the holiday church pot luck the next day. I don't like missing church during Advent. We sang O Come O Come Emmanuel again, and it gave me the chills.
Brother-in-laws who babysit for the price of dinner.
A good friend's very fun and festive graduation party that was the perfect end to a fine weekend.
It's snowing. We're pretty much guaranteed a white Christmas this year.
The rest of the week to prepare for the upcoming holiday.
Plans coming together for New Year's Eve.

No comments: