Friday, December 24, 2010

Grateful Friday





Today I give thanks for...

Waking up just before 8:00 to an unusually quiet house. Before I made a cup of coffee, I heard Miss Bit bounding down the stairs. Yes, she's already so excited for Santa that she's bounding.

She spied Freddy straight away. He's perched between the glass fireplace doors that he'd miraculously opened. My girl squeeled, "Mom! I Know! He's sitting there because he's waiting for Santa. You can see it from the look on his face!" Indeed, we could despite the fact that the look on his face never changes.

It's all in the eye of the beholder...beauty, magic, wonder, goodness, grace.

We watched Despicable Me last night. Of course, I dozed off about 2/3 through, but I don't think I was snoring so no one knew.

Co-collaborating with Miss Bit in the kitchen yesterday afternoon. Me and my girl made a batch of sugar cookie cut outs. It's a tradition I've shared with various loved ones over the years. Sadly, T. Bone's not interested in sprinkling and sugaring anymore, but he sure was eager to eat them.

Santa called one night this week. Both the kids answered phones in different parts of the house and they headed to their own quiet corners so I was not exactly privy to the conversations, but from the looks on their faces I gathered they were good.

Miss Bit got all gussied up (velvet and gold dress, sparkling shoes) to go Christmas caroling this week. We went to a different nursing home this year and the residents were more infirm so their wasn't as much interaction. I thought that might sadden her, but she was happy to leave the tray of cookies we made instead of personally handing them out with a hug herself.

School's out!

Snow is in the forecast today, and we don't have far to travel.

Only 1/2 a gift to buy, 1 raspberry buttermilk cake to bake and 2 gifts to wrap!

Time for a long walk with my man this morning.

It's going to be a Merry Christmas Eve.

No comments: