Friday, December 10, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

It started snowing yesterday afternoon. The fresh white blanket makes everything seem more peaceful and restful. It was a treat to curl up in bed last night with Barbara Walters, Oprah and the 10 most interesting people of 2010. At times, my kids came in for snuggles and my cats too.

Retiring with a little Katrina Kenison and this sentiment lingering as I drifted off.

We are the windows through which our children first see the world. Let us be conscious of the view. Amen.

Starting my day with a kick boxing workout this morning.

Pandora radio...especially Ella Fitzgerald Holiday today.

T. Bone wrote quite an eloquent thank you note for the awesome basketball tickets he scored this week. I chuckled because although his greeting was Dear Mr. N, his closing was Your Friend, T. Bone.

My boy painstakingly agreeing to send a piece of artwork he recently completed to my cousin for her birthday knowing how much she would cherish it...the act and the work. Yesterday he told me that he cannot wait for Christmas to get gifts. I asked him if he preferred giving or receiving. The answer came quick and easy..."receiving." Yet this exercise of giving the art he really wanted to keep was a good one. It was good for me too because I didn't want to part with it either.


Sweet, awed reverence.

Decorating the tree together as a family this week. We couldn't fit all of our ornaments on our petite fir, but we picked out and perfectly placed our favorites. Then we turned off all the lights in the house except for the twinkling ones and we basked in the beautiful glow.




Holiday traditions and friends with which to share them.

Sun spots.

A mid-week outing with the in-laws. Dinner at T. Bone's coveted BW3 followed by a drive to ooooh and aaaaah over some Christmas lights is a nice way to break up a busy week.



More snow is in the forecast this weekend. It is a perfect exuse to cozy in for a family movie night Saturday, make a fire and maybe some popcorn. I think the kids are going to love Christmas Vacation.

We received our first holiday cards in the mail yesterday. So much nicer than catalogs or bills.

No comments: