Wednesday, May 21, 2014

These Days...

Reading:  Eleanor and Park with Miss Bit, This is the Story of a Happy Marriage and Happier at Home.

Wondering why I always feel the need to read between 3 and 7 books at a time???

Noticing that the trees are suddenly bursting with buds and the grass is greener than green seemingly overnight.

Watching Fargo. I didn't think I'd like it, but now I'm hooked.

Listening to Valley of Amazement while I walk, and at times, blushing just a bit. 

Eating the first round of summer fruit: the perfect tart green grapes, crisp watermelon and juicy nectarines. 

Drinking the usual suspects, but also the most refreshing pear vodka and club soda concoction.

Dreaming of the freedom of summer as we run ragged every night of the week to end of year concerts and meetings and practices and games. 

Feeling the affects of all the pollen in the air as the world around me greens up.  My allergies have never been this bothersome.

Wanting more hours in every day.

Wearing layers.  It is the time of the year of cool mornings and evenings, and cold fronts and cooler by the lake.  I just got both kids set for the warmer weather.  They outgrew E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G from last summer.

Hoping that I wasn't premature in getting most of my flowers yesterday. 

Thinking I'll weed and plant today after a long sunny walk (with lots of Kleenex).

Enjoying the birdsong that wafts in through open windows.

Loving tomatillos, the extended hours of daylight, Patty Chang Anker's Some Nerve (yes, another book I forgot to mention above), my spit shined car and Coach for all his elbow grease, a long weekend ahead, impromptu play dates even for adults, strepto carpella, country drives and going to bed early exhausted from a full day.