Friday, May 16, 2014

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Tomatillo dressing.  All I want to eat is salad after making this simple, spicy recipe.  The other ingredients are 1/2 cup of buttermilk, 1/2 c mayo, bunch of cilantro,  2 cloves of garlic, and salt and pepper.

 
Frogs.  Miss Bit was joyful when I told her that the pond was infested, and that yes, of course, I would take her. She schemed that she would be happy to catch a single frog, but that her goal was at least 8.  The seventh frog surprised her by attempting to swallow two of her fingers.  She decided seven was satisfactory enough!




 The most thoughtful cards and gifts I received for Mother's Day.  I was so touched by all 3 of the handmaid, heartfelt cards.  The gifts too.  T. Bone gave me a new visor, which I will wear when I sit in the stands and cheer him on.  Miss Bit gave me a new set of measuring cups, which we will use when we bake together. Coach gifted me some of my favorite lotion (Aveda), candy (dark chocolate and black licorice), and reading material (Mary Oliver).

Little leaguers who shuck corn after winning games.


Homemade tortillas and this fresh salsa.  I slightly adapt these recipes.  I add 2 cups of all purpose flour and a 1/2 cup of masa to give the tortillas a little more texture.  For the salsa I add a whole onion, 2 cloves of garlic and at least a teaspoon of sugar, salt and cumin.


A colorful spring, finally.  Buds and flowers.


And babies too. 


Tag teaming.  This was a very full 7 days of practices, games, matches, field trips and concerts. We found ourselves dividing and conquering.

Red winged blackbirds.


Cat naps.

 


Binge watching Fargo this week.

Spumoni for dinner.

Miss Bit's Spring Pops concert today.  I especially loved her class's rendition of Hall of Fame.  There is something both cute and ironically ridiculous about elementary school children singing today's hits, but it was sunny outside and Friday and her last concert in this school ever so I focused on the sweetness.

Now she is at the middle school enjoying her first activity night.  It is a welcome for the soon to be incoming 5th graders.  She was excited and seemed older and more mature already...lip gloss, purse and her own money to spend. 

Prayers answered.  My friend, who is a three time cancer survivor, was just given the all clear again.