Friday, May 30, 2014

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Friday.  It's been a rough week in my head. I'm ready to leave it in the dust.

Unprepared written by Rob Lowe upon the occasion of his son Matthew's exodus to college.  What a guy and dad that Rob Lowe is!
 
This line from above excerpt: Don't ever compare your insides to someone else's outsides.  Amen to that!

Bluebirds.  They always make my heart skip a beat as they streak across the sky.
 
Chile Verde.  The most delicious combination of pulled pork, tomatillo salsa, chicken broth, white beans, onions, cilantro, cumin and chili powder.
 
Team family. After Coach's pitching lesson this week, T. Bone and Miss Bit stayed out until dark working on fine tuning her pitch.  He was sweet and patient and she was appreciative. 

She pitched last night for the first time ever.  She pitched great last night.  I know she was scared and excited, but she was cool as a cucumber.  She also had a double play that sort of made her star of the game. What I am grateful for is that these little victories give her self-confidence a boost and more passion for a game she already loves. 


Some Nerve has struck a nerve with me.  I read, Clutter is delayed decisions, and I got busy decluttering because it rang so very true.  I have boxes of my Mom's papers and mementos that I have turned a blind eye to in the last 5 years.  This weekend I began the happy sad process of sorting through the things (cards, letters, newspaper clippings, art projects, lockets of hair and baby teeth) that she felt were important enough to keep over the years.

Coach, the consummate salesman, put some of our old "junk" up on Craigslist and sold it for some good money.   (Of course, any money is good money.)
 
  The inspiration that is and will forever be Maya Angelou.  RIP wise one.  One of the most poignant bits of wisdom she left us with is: I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
 
My friend Jess who comes to cheer on Team Lightning and then stays to support me and doesn't complain when I serve her a meal of chick peas two ways. At least the pitas were homemade, and the wine didn't run out.
 
T. Bone's team played a great game tonight beating the only team they've lost to this season.

Another week of sublime spring weather.
 
This one...#13!
 
 
These two.
 
 
Movie night.

 
Team spirit.
 
 

BFFs on and off the field.