Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Happy 2014!

We woke up to snow today.  The pretty kind of flakes that dance and twirl their way to the frozen ground. Everything white and peaceful and purified.  Truthfully, it is just the kind of scene that warms my heart on a cold January day.  I am happy to welcome the new year fireside with my little family.  These are the kind of moments that remind me that I really don't need much, and also that I have all I need.  So it is with a heart full of harmony that I say goodbye to 2013 and hello to 2014.

We went to an matinee showing of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty yesterday afternoon, and all six of us gave it rave reviews.  We stopped by my aunt and uncle's for a little holiday cheer before dropping Ted at a friend's for the night.  He hemmed and hawed at whether or not to go.  Coach and I mused that it would be our first New Year's without our son as we remembered our first with him.  He was just five days old.  He went.

Our 13 year old called home at midnight.  Miss Bit was snuggled between Coach and me as we watched the ball drop with money in our hands.  (No herring this year sorry Dad.)  The phone rang right at 4-3-2.  It was T. Bone a little homesick after all.  So we all shouted Happy New Year as the clock ran out.  Together even though apart.