Friday, January 24, 2014

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Allowing cooler heads to prevail.  Sunday after T. Bone's incident on the basketball court, I wanted to pick up the phone and call 2 out of the 3 mothers.  They are friends who I can call, but something made me decide to sleep on it.  I felt that inserting myself as revved up as I was would add fuel to the fire.  By the end of the week, there was peace.  As the mama bear, I wanted to step in and fix things, but the lessons are better learned when he mends his conflicts on his own.  I'm proud of him, and I'm proud of myself too because it was really really hard not to address the situation. T. Bone knows that the instigator is a bully, and he is just steering clear of him going forward.   There is no peace to restore with him.

Unsent letters.  I wrote one to my friend who I feel treated me like a doormat last week. I feel like a load has been lifted by expressing my feelings even in this one sided way.  This is a pattern in our relationship so I want to remember exactly how I feel abused lest I end up in this same situation with her again down the road.

Heat.  Baby it's cold outside again.

Also Bill Buford's Heat.  I intended to read a page or 2 last night, but I couldn't put it down. My bad habit...reading multiple books at once...is back.

The kids say that now my Chicken Pastina is better than Glorioso's.  It must be that 2 chicken stock.

A short week.

A slow weekend.

Happy hour tonight with my brother.