Thursday, November 7, 2013

Confessions

  • I didn't make my bed this morning. I didn't open the blinds either. It was as dark as a cave at night when I left for work this sunny morning. I left the room in such a state for the comfort of my cats. They love curling up in the uunmade bed. It's their favorite right up there with teaspoons of tuna. I figured that just because I couldn't stay in bed all day didn't mean they had to up and attem too. And I really really wanted to stay in bed all day.
  • The other rainy night I tucked myself into a corner of the public library to read while Miss Bit belted out Aladdin melodies next door. I was so comfy folded into the chair listening to the pitter patter outside that I fell asleep for 10 or 30 minutes. I hope I didn't snore. Or drool.
  • I am boycotting Facebook. I still have my account, but I'm staying away because it has had a negative affect on me.
  • I have been trying to get through Sense and Sensibility since late summer. First I started reading the Austen classic, and then I started listening to the audio version, but I soon discovered that I cannot do so when I walk. It's become my commute entertainment. My commute is like 8 to 12 minutes 3 days a week, and therein lies the problem.
  • I would really love to be friends with Jane Austen
  • Yesterday I carved the 3 leftover pumpkins on our porch. My sole intent was to get each and every seed for roasting. I succeeded. Then I proceeded to burn them in the oven.
  • Technological changes have preempted me from getting my photos publishable without help from my IT guy. This has been a major source of discontent and disconnect for me.
  • Despite all the fancy pants pizzas we ordered last weekend (The Fungi, The Green and Gold, The Pesto...), Thursdays pub pizza was the tastiest.
  • I'm glad my friend Rose is moving back to town. I'm glad my friend Rose is moving back to town with joy in her heart. She left for California with an achin' in her heart. Apparently, joy trumps the ache.
  • I am going through serious Wizard withdrawal. I may have to host a card night this weekend to get my fix.
  • I get teary eyed when T. Bone plays his guitar.
  • I love trips...near, far, here, there, everywhere...but I am so happy to be looking forward to a quiet couple days at home this weekend.
  • We watched The Ring II last weekend. I can't really explain why after seeing the first one the weekend prior. It was two hours of my life I'll never get back.
  • I am craving KFC chicken.
  • The boys, Peanut in particular, haven't let me out of their sight since we've been home. At first it was sweet, but now it is a tad irksome.
  • I have scary intuition. 
  • I'm already so excited for St. Nick to come and I don't even get a stocking anymore.
  • I kinda love the song Royals.