Friday, November 15, 2013

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

The garlic pizza at Via and Coach for choosing it as his birthday dinner spot.

He liked all his birthday presents lots!

Pot pie with root vegetables.  The kids thought the turnips and parsnips were potatoes.  Coach didn't.

Finally putting my Door County cherries to use.  Coach reminded me that he prefers cherry cheesecake on his birthday.  I will never, ever again buy a single can of cherry pie filing!

The kids spent time making such beautiful, special cards.  I was touched and they weren't even for me.

The used book store.  Miss Bit and I brought in 2 bags of old books and left with some new to us books.

Lots of exercise this week.

Our first snow.  It was just a dusting, but it was pretty to watch the snowflakes dance and twirl outside my office window Monday.

A dinner date with friends tonight.  We've been trying to coordinate this all fall.

Miss Bit has her first official slumber party tomorrow and she's really excited.

She had her first swim meet yesterday too!  She swam in four events, got two firsts, a third and a fourth, and had so much fun!

The joy that comes from their joy.

Performing little acts of kindness.

Rich hot cocoa topped with enormous marshmallows.

Crosswords.

Green tea and oatmeal for breakfast.

Inspiration in the most unexpected places and things.

Muses.