Friday, June 1, 2012

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Flea market finds like the two chippy shabby iron baskets below.  I got up very early Sunday morning to shop with my friend.  We had such fun searching for treasures amongst so much stuff.  I saw these two and immediately felt the English garden vibe.


Summer desserts.  This weekend a colorfully festive fruit tart and a chocolate lover's S'More pie.

 

Ready to eat on anything avacados.

 

New flip flops.  Even Tigger is a fan.


Attitude.

 

A good loaf of challah.  My man made T. Bone and his friend Ina's french toast for breakfast last weekend.


Stellar efforts from our student of the quarter.


The knights won their first 2 tournament games only to be rained-out by a fierce and fast moving storm that struck during the championship game.  No worries though...the game is rescheduled for a week from today.

 

Harp burgers.  They used to be my Mom's specialty and now they are my brother's.

A new favorite summer skirt.  I ordered it in mauve last week and  heather brown this week.  Next week I may order the gray.

A trip to the nursery.  Thankfully, I got the very last 3 strepto carpella baskets.  Thanks Mom!  I also picked out all new to me flowers for my other planters and I'm so happy with how they've turned out.

A fawn in our yard the other morning.  The baby deer looked to be only a couple days old.

The 5th grade choir singing ABC.  It was impressive.  I also very much enjoyed the 5th and 6th grade choir's rendition of Imagine.  We were all grateful when the 2 1/2 hour show was over.  It was 9:30!

BBQ's with family and then with friends who are like family.

Next Food Network Star...a show the whole family is enjoying.

Adult movie night last night with popcorn.  Adult as in R rated.

The boys got up a little early one morning this week to go out for breakfast before school and work.  Miss Bit and I slept in and then I served her pie for breakfast.

Playing Cranium with the whole family and also my sil for not making fun of me for being the worst humdinger ever.  Btw my hubby is still making fun of me.  I fear I'ver ruined American Pie.

Today is the last Friday of school this year.  5 more days to go!

No comments: