Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Good Morning

I gave the kids the choice to stay home from camp today before bed last night. T. bone was audibly and visibly worried about having to wrestle and pitch on the same day.  Now if the Mets lose tonight, it won't be my fault.  Miss Bit was quick to opt out as well, and that was just what I expected.  I was thankful upon waking this morning that I didn't have to rise right away to action.  I was able to linger in bed listening to the morning breeze ringing through my chimes, stretch my body slowly, and deliberately and piece together last night's dreams. Once parceled together the random fragments are Daliesque.

Today the hot and humid air creeps in so I'm happy to get a walk in before every breath I take feels like slow suffocation.  Then we'll head to the pool for a few hours mid-day to keep cool and entertained.  The kids by water slides and friends, and myself by the end of Blood, Bones & Butter.

There should be a picture for this post.  Last night Coach came in one door muttering something about Peanut and a chippie and I went out another uttering blood curdling screams.  Peanut looked confused as he pranced around dangling a chipmunk between his teeth by its tail.  I think the noises I was making scared the little rodent more than the feline grip.  I grabbed Peanut and he let go off the chippie who shot like a bat out of you know where into the brush.  Coach wasn't happy with me.  I had to apologize because it would have been a good shot.  Peanut tried to recreate it the rest of the night.

The only other item on today's itinerary is the Mets' championship game tonight.  It should be a good one.  The game.  The day.


No comments: